Have you ever googled ‘work from home jobs’, or ‘make money from home’? I know I can’t be the only one!
Hi! I am a work at home mom! Like a legit momma doing her thing on the computer and helping our family financially while still being able to be FREE to be with the kids. My boys are 2, 6, and 10, so I know what busy momma world is!
So why would you be looking for jobs you can do from home?
- Mostly likely, it’s because you love your kiddos and want to be free to be with them.
- Maybe it’s because you’ve mapped out how much you need to make in order to make it ‘worth it’ only to find that it’s actually almost NOT worth it to go back to work. (Childcare, time, gas, etc…)
- Or maybe you don’t need to work, but you would love an outlet outside of motherhood to express yourself. Something that reminds you that you are more than a mom!
- Often it’s because money is just too tight and it’s the only option you have or you aren’t in love with your current job but can’t just walk away without a back up plan.
Those are a few of the things that come to my mind and that I have heard from other moms that I work with.
So what do you do if you want to work from home?
1. First, you need to know exactly how much money you need to make in order to be ‘okay’. If you are looking to replace a job or add to the family income, how much do you need? Start there and things can always grow once you hit that first target. (Often we thing we need more than we really do if we just buckle down our spending. Also- if you are going from a job to a home business calculate what you are saving in meals out/gas/clothing, etc…)
2. What do you want to do? Do you want to create a product, book, course? Do you want to coach? Do you want to join a network marketing company? Do you want to be your own boss or work in a team? Entrepreneur or Employee? Will you work/sell online or locally?
3. Research like mad!!! (But know it can lead to overwhelm and inaction!) Find someone that has done what you want to do and ask them how they have done it. How many hours do they work? What are their business expenses? What training did they need to get? How long did it take them to make consistent income? Are they happy? Are they really free or are they working insane hours? If you join a network marketing company ask detailed questions about the compensation plan, if you don’t know what to ask find someone you know that does.
4. Be prepared to grow! More often then not what you end up doing will be new to you. Parts might be familiar, but there will always be things to learn. Open yourself up to learn, be humble, and invite God to lead you in the right direction. (Seriously! Not only have I learned SO many practical things in my last few years working online, but I have been transformed internally as well. Every journey in life is a spiritual one, starting a business is no different. Through this I have come face to face with many of my own limiting beliefs. Beliefs on money, success, charging, boundaries, and more just to name a fun few! I’ve been challenged when I make excuses and self-sabotage. I’ve had to own my insecurities. Give yourself GRACE to make mistakes. If you aren’t making any you probably aren’t growing.)
5. Understand it’s still work! I know this is a given and you get it. But often the marketing campaigns you see are telling you the highlight reel of someones business, it’s good marketing. Telling you how they made 6 figures in 6 weeks, showing you pictures of vacations while the money magically rolls in, etc. That can happen in time, and if it’s your goal my prayer is that it does happen for you. But know your boundaries and have realistic expectations before you judge your success. (If you are a stay at home parent you aren’t going to have 60 hours a week to jump all crazy into a new business, right? So in your planning and evaluating make sure you know how many hours a week you can give to your business while still managing all the other areas of life you are responsible for. These are hours that are focused and kid free!)
I hope this helps you in your quest for the perfect fit for you, your family, and your own personal goals.
If you are in the health and wellness industry or always wish you could have been, and are looking for something like we’re talking about, I would love to talk with you. You can find details about what I do and tell me about yourself here on this page. I am always looking for like minded women to join my team helping others find true health!