There are so many books, documentaries and voices out there telling us which ‘diet’ plan is the best to follow. It can become confusing and frustrating as you try and figure them all out. I’m not going to tell you which plan to follow, but here are a few quick steps to help you start losing weight.
1. Cut your portion sizes down or in half.
2. Track your calories. See how much you are eating and it can be a great reality check. With this please don’t cut your calories super low. Just start tracking and get an idea of what you are eating. You will start to see some items that are more calories than you may have thought so simply changing them can start to make a big difference.
3. Add in vegetables! I’m not saying you have to be vegan, but adding in veggies is a no-brainer step towards better health.
4. Trade juice and soda for water.
5. Cut out as many processed foods as you can. When you have the choice- choose the ‘best’ option.
6. Exercise! Walk, run, go to the gym, chase your kids around the park, do a exercise DVD, or do anything that gets your heart rate up. It all counts. Don’t think that just because you can’t spend an hour working out that you can’t do anything.
7. Commit to still be changing a year from now. When you don’t lose 30 pounds in one month, please don’t give up. Daily make good choices and you will be happy with how you start to feel and eventually you will lose weight.
These are simple things you can do to lose weight and none of them are controversial (in my opinion). Let’s make simple changes and start living a healthier life!