Do you eat well during the weekdays but then go crazy on the weekends? If so, there is hope!
First of all, I want you to know that you are not alone and that most people tell me they struggle on the weekends. if you have gone a little too crazy this weekend then get back on track TODAY! Not tomorrow and not 'next' Monday, but today.
Here are a few tips to get back on track:
- Drink water! Lots of it. This will help flush the junk out of your body and especially the salt.
- Don't weigh yourself for a couple of days. If the scale is your enemy then do yourself and your motivation a favor and skip weighing yourself for 3 days. Give your body time to get rid of the junk you ate this weekend.
- Get your workouts in. Don't skip your workouts because you are feeling depressed that you ate too much this weekend. Burn some calories and you are on your way to feeling better.
Here are a few tips for future weekends:
- If you go out to eat with others can you split a meal? Portion sizes can be way more than we need.
- If you go out with friends skip the foods that are the 'worst', like French fries!
- Be careful of the empty calories in your drinks- soda and alcohol can cause you to pack on unwanted pounds really fast.
- Evaluate your weekly eating habits. Are you being so strict that your body is actually starving by the time the weekends get here, and is that leaving you feeling so hungry you eat everything in sight?
- If you are going to a friend's house for a meal, offer to bring a dish. Then you can bring something that you know will be in line with your health goals, regardless of what they are serving at the house.
If you messed up this weekend, don't feel like a loser–just keep going. Don't base your success on just one day, or one weekend. These are lifestyle habits you are changing.
Get back on track today!