After sharing with you all on Monday how I have been eating better and managed to raise my BMR, many of you asked me what I am eating. I want to share with you some of my main choices when I am eating healthy. Do I eat 100% clean all the time? No. Am I constantly learning and growing and changing my eating habits for the better? Yes!
Some simple yet healthy foods:
- Shakeology– add frozen bananas and/or peanut butter depending on how many calories I need it to be.
- Peanut butter- be careful with the fat content. (PB2 is a healthy substitute.)
- Eggs- cook one whole egg for every three egg whites.
- Chicken- lean and protein rich.
- Nuts- I always have almonds in my purse.
- Apples, cucumbers, and carrots- always have these on hand.
- Broccoli/carrots/snow peas- add them to lunch or dinner. (All vegetables, these are just my favorites.)
- Tuna- quite healthy when not mixed with mayo.
- Bars- read the labels as many can contain as much sugar as a candy bar but they are helpful for on the run. (I can't buy them here but if I was in the States I would have several on hand for a quick snack. If I had one with 20-30g of protein this would be able to replace one of the three protein shakes I have a day.)
I start every day with this protein shake, which sets a great precedent for my day. On days I do ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFIRE I use the Recovery Formula. And because I love eating popcorn with my boys, I usually finagle room in my calorie count for two or three cups of popcorn (no butter or salt and popped with very little oil).
Next Monday I'll write about how I work these things into my day, how I gauge my calories, and the mindset that was holding me back from eating healthy and how I overcame it.
What are some healthy, convenient snacks that you enjoy? Share some suggestions (and some links) below!