Hey friends! I wanted to have a place in my blog to have heart to heart chats about everyday life and so this is where that will happen. When you come back just check under the 'My Life' tab and you will find these posts!
Ever feel like you are ready to have a mental breakdown? Just trying to 'be' it all? Do you often feel guilty because you aren't the perfect human? I mean that's just a simple standard…'perfect human', right? So this is what I tried to explain to my man as I processed with him why I was feeling so stressed out. I was sharing how I get inspired by so many people and want to embrace that thing they do that inspires me but it leaves me feeling guilty about everything. Here are a few examples:
1. Buy local. (Then I order on Amazon because I can get something cheaper and it helps us have margin in our budget, BUT feel guilty.)
2. Get produce from the farmers market. (I need something mid week and end up buying produce at the grocery story so next time I go to Farmers market I feel bad that I spent money at the store and not supporting them. Is that poor planning or just a reality of life?)
3. Go organic. (Then I can't find something in the organic section and wonder if I'm poisoning my family, more guilt!)
4. Don't harm the earth. (Then I get a to-go container made from styrofoam and feel like I've just increased the earth's temperature and polar bears are homeless…more guilt.)
5. Become more fit to represent being a Beachbody coach better. (Then I stress out over an extra 5 pounds that I carry around my waist. Then I wonder does it really matter if I have an extra 5 pounds, is that what makes me a good coach? Or should I post a pic with my flabby/bloated belly and be the 'bloated belly Beachbody coach?'. At the end of the day am I striving for a body that would be great to have but hell to live with and maintain? Then I wonder if I'm spending that much dedication on being a better mom, wife, woman, friend= GUILT!)
6. Be super mom and wife. (So tired from feeling guilty about all above mentioned items that I have no energy to be super mom or wife and end up being a grump to those in my family. Double guilt!)
I know I'm not alone. And I know many of us are inspired by other women but then also have to find the balance of which new 'perfect human' things we implement into our lives. All I know is that ALL of the above mentioned things were making me feel crazy!!! Oh and I'm still processing that I live in a new city and am making new friends.
So yeah, no wonderful words of wisdom. Just laying it out there that it's hard sometimes.
So I guess that is what I leave with myself and with you. Where are you at in YOUR journey? What is it that YOU feel compelled to learn, grow-in, be more accountable in? And we will go with that. Not what you THINK you should be learning and growing in, but deep down what do YOU feel passionate about?
(And I will spare you all the flabby/bloated belly Beachbody coach pics! It would be a funny ad right? I mean so many people posting inspirational pictures of lean bodies to inspire us and then I show up with my belly and cellulite at the top of my thighs. I think my next one should be me doing my 30 minute workout, eating 80% clean (which includes pizza a few times a month- the unhealthy kind), but with a SMILE on my face because I feel good about me. I'm not stressed and free of guilt…How would that be?)
Have a great day friends!