Can you believe it’s October already (well tomorrow!)? I know I can’t. Between school starting, soccer season, and moving I don’t know where Sept. went!
I have a question for you…
What are your health goals for October?
- Lose 10 pounds?
- Run a 5k?
- Finally get from your knees to your toes doing push-ups?
- Detox/Cleanse your body?
- A certain number of workouts each week?
No matter what your goal may be, you need to have a plan to reach it. Otherwise, Halloween will be here and you will be in the same spot you are now. And from years of coaching women I know that at that point the first 3 weeks of November are good for weight loss and after that the focus is just to maintain through Christmas! (Unless you have a plan and accountability to keep going strong through the holiday season.)
So let’s take 10 minutes and answer these questions and I hope they get you moving in the direction you want to be going for the month of October!
1. What is your goal? Write it down. I have a goal for the month but then I need to set up weekly goals in order to meet that larger goal. My goal for this month is to finally get back into the 150’s. Since having Nathan it’s been a real struggle to get the scale to move. I’m at 167 right now so I have 8 pounds as my goal. (For my body/height my goal weight is 153-155 long term).
2. Why does it matter if you reach this goal? Write it down. My answer? I feel energized and empowered when I make my workouts a priority and don’t let myself use my family as an excuse that I don’t have enough time to exercise. It matters because I’m not 100% comfortable in my clothes right now, and I want to feel better in them. It matters because I want to be living it with my clients who are also working to be healthier, when I exercise I think of them exercising and it pushes me to do it because they are doing it.
3. What are 3 things you know you need to do to reach that goal? Write them down. For example, I will exercise at least 5x each week and at the beginning of each week I will write out the workouts I will do. I will also limit meat to 2x a week, (this not having to do with weight loss but in my fighting kidney disease which is my biggest health goal). And, I will limit ice cream to 1x a week date with the boys.
There you go! Keeping it short, but take a few minutes and set your health goals up for the month of October. If you don’t know your goals for the month, think about this coming week and start there. If you have more time do this in other areas of your life! Business, friendships, housework, etc!
Have a great day!
Sarah Failla is a Pastor, Life + Health Coach, and momma of 3 boys. She is the creator of Body Confidence, a 6 week weight loss program helping women lose weight while learning to love their body and find more happiness in their day to day life. To learn more click here.
Her approach to weight loss is refreshing and personalized to each client.