What Is The Difference Between TurboFIRE and ChaLEAN Extreme?
Are you trying to figure out whether you should choose TurboFIRE or ChaLEAN Extreme for your next workout program? As a Beachbody coach this is probably the #1 question I am asked. There isn't a right or wrong answer, but hopefully I can explain the two in a way that you can see which one is a better fit for what you are looking for.
The quickest way to describe the two programs is that TurboFIRE is fun cardio with strength training on the side and ChaLEAN Extreme is weights with cardio on the side. The cardio in TurboFIRE is more choreographed than the cardio in ChaLEAN Extreme. (But don't be afraid, I have NO rhythm and can do TurboFIRE.) TurboFIRE also comes with HIIT workouts which stands for High Intensity Interval Training- this will help kick up your metabolism throughout the whole day. ChaLEAN Extreme also does some interval training in the cardio, workouts but what I love most about it is that it's like I have a personal trainer at home.
How are they the same?
- Both come with strength training, cardio, core workouts, and stretching workouts.
- Both come with a guide book (including schedule) and a nutrition guide.
- Both are very practical for a busy woman. Workouts in TurboFIRE range from 15 to 60 minutes. In ChaLEAN Extreme they are 20 to 45 minutes. This doesn't include the ab workouts which are 10 to 15 minutes.
- Chalene Johnson is the trainer for both programs. (She also created TurboJam which is like TurboFIRE's little sister. At the gym her programs are Turbokick, PiYo, and Hip Hop Hustle.)
How are they different?
- TurboFIRE is going to come with everything you need, with ChaLEAN Extreme you will need to buy weights or extra bands. (When I first started ChaLEAN Extreme I used 5, 7, 10, 12 pound weights. I could have used heavier but still got good results, now I have much heavier weights to use.)
- TurboFIRE comes with a six day per week schedule. You will have to cut things out to get it to five days if you want. (Six days was too much for me so when I was just doing TurboFIRE so I cut one day out each week.) ChaLEAN Extreme is a five day a week program.
How are you motivated?
If you are someone who is glued to the scale and gets discouraged easily, I would recommend you go with TurboFIRE first. Due to the high amount of cardio work you will see pounds drop faster than you will with ChaLEAN Extreme. (Generally speaking.) You will be losing inches on both programs but it's usually not until month three with ChaLEAN Extreme that you see your weight drop.
If you are stuck in a plateau they both are good as well, if you are really close to your goal weight or already have a cardio program (like running or something similar) that you enjoy then ChaLEAN Extreme would be a great choice. You can combine it with your current cardio program very easily. Also adding muscle to your body with ChaLEAN Extreme is going to help you increase your metabolism.
How to purchase?
ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFIRE are both available in Beachbody's Challenge Packs. To maximize your results, this is your best option. As you know, being healthy is more than just working out–nutrition and support are crucial as well. Purchasing a Challenge Pack ensures great results by combining the workout program with proper nutrition through Shakeology and support from me as your coach. They can also be purchased separately and coaches save 25% off all products, contact me if you want details about that.
What people think…please add your comments below!
These are my two favorite workout programs of all time! I have been doing various versions of a hybrid for three years now. Yes, three years later and I still get an intense workout from these programs.
If you have done one of these programs I would love for you to share your thoughts on it below for others to read. If you have done both, please share which one you would start with and why! Thank you!